Manchester United and Man City in hot pursuit for 29-year-old Chelsea star - SportsTrybe

Breaking

SportsTrybe

Home of Sports News and Updates

Post Top Ad

Thursday, May 11, 2023

Manchester United and Man City in hot pursuit for 29-year-old Chelsea star

 Mateo Kovacic, a midfielder for Chelsea, is apparently up for grabs, and Manchester United has entered the fray. The Croatian player, whose contract at Stamford Bridge will expire after this season, is also a target for Manchester City.

Erik ten Hag, according to The Guardian, wants to add a midfielder with Premier League experience and believes Kovacic would be the best choice. In Kovacic's place, the Dutch manager has Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes, but he wants to strengthen the midfield by adding more depth.


Erik ten Hag, according to The Guardian, wants to add a midfielder with Premier League experience and believes Kovacic would be the best choice.

In Kovacic's place, the Dutch manager has Christian Eriksen and Bruno Fernandes, but he wants to strengthen the midfield by adding more depth.
As of this point, Manchester City was leading the race for the former Real Madrid player. If Bernardo Silva decides to go this summer, Pep Guardiola thinks the Croatian can step in to take his place.

Thomas Tuchel is eager for a reunion, therefore Bayern Munich is also vying for Kovacic. The Croatian has been requested to be signed by the German manager, who previously worked with the midfielder at Chelsea.
This summer, Mateo Kovacic will begin the final 12 months of his contract; Chelsea has not yet extended him a new offer. Although he wants to continue working at the club, recent events seem to indicate that he has other options.



Speaking to the club's official website, Kovacic said:

"I am five years here already, time flies, and I have been at Chelsea the longest of all the clubs. I feel really, really at home. There is nothing to not love in London. My family enjoys it, which makes it easier for me. The food is okay, maybe not like Italy or Spain! But London is amazing. My son goes to nursery here in London, he enjoys it, the people are so nice. I can only say good things about London and England. We feel really great here."



He added:

"'I had the luck to be in great countries, great cities, new cultures, meeting amazing people. I am blessed I could experience so many nice countries. I learned many lessons, but most of all just to respect all people. How they treated me I can just be thankful, and I tried to treat them the same way they treated me. Just be polite as much as I can, which is not always easy, but be myself. When I see where I have been it's really amazing. I'm just thankful for the people I have met. It's been a nice journey."

After a strong year under Maurizio Sarri, the Blues made the loan agreement permanent in 2019.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments System

Klopp: Mac Allister needs more time

  In Liverpool's recent 4-0 victory against Leicester City, new signing Alexis Mac Allister impressed Jurgen Klopp, who also asked supp...

Post Top Ad